At Watts Atelier, workshop program registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. A non-refundable deposit of $100 is due upon registration. Registrations turned in without a signature and credit card number will not be valid until completed properly. Early registration is encouraged as many workshops fill quickly. Workshops without sufficient enrollment may be cancelled.
1. To register for a workshop online, click here.
2. To register for a workshop by mail, send completed Workshop Registration Form plus $100 tuition deposit (per workshop) to:
Watts Atelier of the Arts, LLC,
171 Calle Magdalena Ste. 103,
Encinitas, CA 92024.
3. To register for a workshop by phone, call (760)753-5378 and have your Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card ready.
Tuition for each workshop is noted in the workshop description. A non-refundable deposit of $100 per workshop is due at the time of registration. This deposit accompanied by your completed registration form will hold your place in the workshop.
A waiting list is established as soon as a workshop fills. Please check our website, www.wattsatelier.com to see which classes are filled. No deposit is required to be on the waiting list, but once a student is notified of an opening, the non-refundable deposit must be paid at this time.
Workshops are held at the school unless otherwise noted, and usually meet from 10AM to 5:30PM with an hour and a half break for lunch.
Watts Atelier reserves the right modify a workshop (ie: for rain or other weather conditions) or substitute instructors at any time. It also reserves the right to require withdrawal of any student whose conduct is deemed detrimental to the school.
The skill level descriptions are given as guidelines for the student’s use and it is the student’s responsibility to enroll in the appropriate workshop.
Easel & Supplies
After you register, a class confirmation will be mailed to you. Supply lists will be posted on our website along with the class description. If you do not have access to the internet and a supply list needs to be mailed to you, please contact the school office. Plein air workshops require students to bring their own travel easel. Otherwise, students may use Watts Atelier easels or they may bring their own.
Please bring all required supplies listed. Watts Atelier will have limited art supplies available at the school including odorless turpentine for those who will be flying to the class.
Cancellation & Refund Policies
Payment Schedule All cancellations must be in writing. Watts Atelier must be provided with a valid credit card(Visa, MasterCard or Discover) to initiate registration process. This will be automatically charged according to the payment schedule below.
Step 1: $100 deposit is due with completed and signed registration form. Non-refundable.
Step 2: 90 days from the workshop start date: 1/2 total cost of workshop is due. Non-refundable.
Step 3: 45 days from workshop start date: balance charged to credit card on file. Non-refundable.
We strongly urge all students to buy refundable airline tickets in case of workshop cancellations or other unforeseen changes. If a student cancels their registration, the next person on the waitlist will be notified of the opening. Students are prohibited from selling their spot in a workshop. These policies will be strictly enforced. Call the school prior to registering if you have any questions regarding cancellation policies.
Please Note: The school is not responsible for providing make-ups or issuing refunds or credits for sessions missed as a result of illness, emergencies or other events beyond our control, however extenuating circumstances will be evaluated on an individual basis. Students will receive a full tuition refund in the event that Watts Atelier cancels their workshop.
Travel & Lodging
Watts Atelier is located in the coastal town of Encinitas which is about a 30 minute drive north from the San Diego Airport. Workshop students flying into San Diego will need to rent a car. Students traveling here to take a full 10-week term of classes may want to look at the motels listed below offering weekly rates. Many of these motels are family owned and may be open to negotiations for long-term stays, especially during off season which is generally mid-September through May. Additional resource for lodging in Encinitas include the Encinitas Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center website: www.encinitaschamber.com.
- The following motels are located in Encinitas:
- Best Western Encinitas Inn (760) 942-7455 (10 % discount) www.bwencinitas.com
- Ocean Inn (800) 546-1598 www.oceaninnhotel.com Refrigerator, microwave and laundry facilities. Free continental breakfast. Free WIFI. Weekly rates available.
- EconoLodge Encinitas (877) 424-6423 www.econolodge.com Refrigerator and microwave. Free continental breakfast. Weekly rate of approx. $385+tax available Oct-May. Pets OK $20/day.
- Quality Inn & Suites Portofino Inn (760) 944-0301 www.qualityinnsdcoastal.com Refrigerator and microwave. Free continental breakfast. Weekly rates available both on and off season.
- Leucadia Beach Inn (760) 943-7461 www.LeucadiaBeachInn.org Kitchenettes available. Weekly rates available. Pets upon approval.
- Days Inn Moonlight Beach (760) 944-0260 www.daysinn.com