Atelier Class Policies
There are none! Students are not required to have had any previous training. The only exceptions are the advanced class descriptions. Students must be 18 years old to enroll or must receive parental consent.
Anyone who must miss course meetings may attend up to two make-up sessions in the same term, as space permits. See your instructor for a make-up slip. Note: Please do not abuse this policy. It is meant for legitimate absences only.
Multiple Course Discount
For information about Full-Timer Discount and Free Workshops for full-time students visit our Financing page.
Watts Atelier of the Arts, LLC reserves the right to provide qualified substitutes for its scheduled instructors in the event of professional or personal changes in schedule.
Watts Atelier reserves the right to retain any student work, on a temporary basis, for exhibition and promotional purposes.
Classes & Cancellations
Class size is limited to 15 students. Classes are subject to cancellation if an inadequate number of students register. In this event, any tuition paid will be promptly refunded with notice of cancellation. Under no other circumstances will a refund be permitted.
Watts Atelier respects your privacy, and considers the responsible use of personal information. Watts Atelier will not share your personal information with other entities.
Students may register for classes online, by mail, or over the phone. 1. Use this site to register classes online. 2. To register classes by mail, download an Atelier Class Registration Form and send completed form to: Watts Atelier of the Arts 171 Calle Magdalena Ste. 103 Encinitas, CA 92024 3. To register for classes over the phone, call (760) 753-5378
Travel & Lodging
Watts Atelier is located in the coastal town of Encinitas which is about a 30 minute drive north from the San Diego Airport. Workshop students flying into San Diego will need to rent a car. Students traveling here to take a full 10-week term of classes may want to look at the motels listed below offering weekly rates. Many of these motels are family owned and may be open to negotiations for long-term stays, especially during off season which is generally mid-September through May. Additional resource for lodging in Encinitas include the Encinitas Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center website. The following motels are located in Encinitas:
- Best Western Encinitas Inn (760) 942-7455 (10 % discount) www.bwencinitas.com
- Ocean Inn (800) 546-1598 www.oceaninnhotel.com Refrigerator, microwave and laundry facilities. Free continental breakfast. Free WIFI. Weekly rates available.
- EconoLodge Encinitas (877) 424-6423 www.econolodge.com Refrigerator and microwave. Free continental breakfast. Weekly rate of approx. $385+tax available Oct-May. Pets OK $20/day.
- Quality Inn & Suites Portofino Inn (760) 944-0301 www.qualityinnsdcoastal.com Refrigerator and microwave. Free continental breakfast. Weekly rates available both on and off season.
- Leucadia Beach Inn (760) 943-7461 www.LeucadiaBeachInn.org Kitchenettes available. Weekly rates available. Pets upon approval.
- Days Inn Moonlight Beach (760) 944-0260 www.daysinn.com